Mount Mercy University recognizes the importance of ensuring that the tuition costs for international students are affordable, and it is introducing Social Work Scholarships for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Awarded by the Psychology, Sociology, Social Work & International Studies department, this scholarship is worth $2,000. All freshmen and new transfer students who attend Mt. Mercy are eligible for it.
Mount Mercy University is a private Catholic liberal arts university in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1928. The school is ranked 51st in Regional Universities Midwest.
Why choose Mount Mercy University for your future education? Mt. Mercy empowers our students to promptly adapt to the demands of the contemporary world and live with courage. It aims to provide students with individualized, student-oriented education.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is not monitored, but applications should be submitted in the early springtime of their junior year in high school.
- University or Organization: Mount Mercy University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $2,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
- Eligible Countries: APPLICATIONs are accepted from all the corners of the world.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students who study this program at Mt. Mercy have an opportunity to get certified.
- Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must satisfy the preceding/given requirements.
- Applicants must demonstrate their capability, talent, and dedication in their particular area of interest.
- The candidate’s minimum GPA must be at least 2.5.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Scholars must submit a named application Scholarship applications can be submitted separately online.
- Supporting Documents:The students are required to present the following documents from the university.
- High school transcripts
- Personal statement
- Certificate of funding sources
- Scanned copy of passport
- Admission Requirements: Students must have attained a CGPA of 2.50 – 2.75 and ACT score of 20.
- Language Requirement: The students must credit a number of these grades with each English language proficiency test:
- TOEFL IBT – 79
- TOEFL CBT – 213
- TOEFL PBT – 550
- IELTS – 6.0
- STEP – Eiken Grade 1
- PTE – 53
- Duolingo – 50
The students selected to receive $2,000 will be provided funds to cover their undergraduate employment at alma mater Mt. Mercy.