Dedicated to families and children, the Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) is one of the leading and most respected paediatric healthcare centres in the world. Pioneering efforts to improve the health of children, we have always been leading and partnering with other healthcare providers. Our capabilities would not have been possible to establish – not to mention maintained – without the contributions of our astonishing workers. SickKids company has a longstanding commitment to ongoing learning and improvement, and provides a nurturing and supportive environment where employees regularly attain outstanding levels of expertise.
When you join SickKids, you join our community. We share a determination and commitment to live out our vision of Healthier Children. A Better World.
Remember to take advantage of your opportunity to work with the world’s leading paediatric medical facilities.
As the Administrative Assistant, you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the 3-4 senior scientists/scientists of this department, as well as managing the finances, accounting, and administrative services of the department. You will serve as a link of communication and resources within the department.
Here’s What You’ll Get To Do:
- Provide simplified technical support to the assigned lab portfolios.
- Support facility management as it relates to the recruitment of employees, attendance management, and terminations.
- Analyze the monthly financial reports made by my company and follow up when errors are present in them.
- Maintain CIHR and University CVs
- The SickKids dispatch system is used to order laboratory supplies.
- Process cost center expenses and monitor them.
- Coordinate with associates and consultants on financial matters.
- Projects such as accounting or payment may be your responsibility
- Arrange the necessary meeting rooms, refreshments, and equipment required for business meetings/events.
- Shaykhe conduct meetings between the students and their department lead at the School.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for the experts, using discretion to reschedule or book appointments according to changing priorities.
- Provide support with the preparation of presentations, document editing, and spreadsheets.
- Provide support to scientists in general office administration tasks as they are required.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Certification in business or post-office administration after obtaining a secondary school degree.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of senior administrative experience, ideally in the health care industry, is required.
- Expert proficiency in all Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Adobe Expert / Endnote provides experience with authoring.
- Proficiency developing websites and database administration allows me to update sites.
- He is exceptional at interpersonal, verbal, and written communication.
- Reliable ability to effectively organize work in an efficient manner.
- Highly developed analytical skills, evaluative and problem solving skills.
- Regardless of immediate powers and status, demonstrated judgment, tact, and diplomacy in working with a variety of participants.
- Ability to withstand the temptations and distractions of social interaction, be they good or bad.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced setting alongside numerous interruptions and conflicting priorities.
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Our Commitment to Diversity
The families that our office provides therapy services for come from a variety of locations, as well as our team. We accept and encourage everyone to become part of our organization and contribute to our team.
SickKids will address information related to access or inclusion for candidates who are eligible. The program will make appropriate accommodations during interviews.
Thank you for your consideration for SickKids Hospital. Interviews are only held for those candidates chosen for inclusion. The duration of employment at SickKidsdepends on the Hospital’s receipt of all necessary documentation.
How to Apply
Tip: Combine your cover letter and resume into a single document. You CANNOT upload more than one document as part of the application.
If you believe that you are still having problems, please email [email protected] with a short description of the difficulties. Please note that we may not immediately receive messages sent to this address, but we will gladly respond to requests for technical assistance.