Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone greets each other in a light and friendly manner? That’s like Grant Thornton. Only here, we’re a professional service firm, and there’s no mayor or general store. What we’re trying to get across is that we’re a rapidly expanding company with over 2,500 employees across Canada, and We truly care about our coworkers, our clients, and the places that we live and work in. That is what matters most to us. We’re building a lucrative corporation that seeks to attain particular goals and remains focused on the memories of your favourite chocolate shake flavor.As a Receptionist your responsibilities will include:
- Provide a pleasant greeting and welcome visitors’/clients’ entrance at our office in a welcoming way.
- Answer and direct telephone inquires
- Schedule the internal meeting spaces for meeting.
- Schedule and plan meetings and appointments.
- Receive and issue receipts for in-person client payments
- Receive and distribute emails, faxes and couriers accordingly
- Maintain contact database and assist with mail-outs
- Maintenance of client filing system
- Administrative tasks (i.e. prepare reports, letters, forms, etc)
- General ad hoc operational tasks, such as data entry and typing, are included.
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re anything like us, a connection with others is a driving force for you to act. We desire to walk in the shoes of others before determining our own course of action. If you have the mindset “We > me” and trust that your colleagues will support you, you’ll find a fulfilling job at Grant Thornton, Both professionally and personally, this is a place where you can feel free to think, see and hear from many different viewpoints. This is where taking risks is part of your identity, and your passions become part of your life. So when that happens, the ball really starts to roll. Want to discover more about who we are and how we live our lives every day? Read our staff’s stories at www.discoverourpurple.ca.:
- Previous work experience as a professional secretary is an asset, preferably in an office environment.
- Strong proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, and excellent data entry skills has made me a proficient Microsoft Office Suite user.
- The client-service focus responsible for a friendly, accommodating demeanor.
- Ability to consistently present oneself well, judiciously use sound judgment, and show excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously while achieving maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Established reliability and ability to deliver first-class lessons.
At Grant Thornton, our main goal is to make a positive impact in our clients’ lives, colleagues, and our communities. We say that’s our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP supports the ideas and beliefs of Employment Equity, and is committed to maintaining an environment that is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We recruit from specified socioeconomic backgrounds – women, racial minority groups., Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available to any Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our recruitment process. If you need any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this at [email protected] and we will work out a solution to meet your needs.