Reporting to the Foreman, the Welder’s Helper, Turnaround will be responsible for all welder helper duties allowed on industrial scale construction projects. They will monitor workers to ensure that they complete their tasks safely in accordance with Safety and Health Measures regulations and company policies, and that they perform their duties with a high level of quality and punctuality..
- Rturnaround is scheduled for September 13th for 3 weeks.
- 11.5 hours every day for 21 days on and 4 days off is the shift schedule at .
- Day shift and night shift will be required
- Camp provided
- Retention bonus
- LOA not provided
- Travel allowance not provided
- I work inside and outside, in extreme heat and cold, all year-round.
- Working at heights
- Working in and around noise and dust
- Must be clean shaven
- Coveralls, safety glasses/goggles, hard hat and gloves are provided
- CSA approved steel-toed safety boots will be required
- Assist with welding functions.
- Load and unload materials and move materials to work area.
- Operate and care for equipment and machines.
- Keep work areas and equipment clean and safe.
- Removes stain, pollutants, or other foreign substances or residues from surfaces with paint, mops, cleaning liquids, or other chemical substances.
- Follow instructions from crew Lead Hand and Foreman.
- Assist craft workers.
- Other duties as assigned by the Foreman.
- High school diploma
- 2 years’ experience as a general labourer or welder’s helper in the construction industry an asset
- H2S Alive
- Emergency First Aid
- Fall protection
- WHMIS 2015
- Confined Space
- CSTS-09 or equivalent
- General construction safety knowledge
- Ability to take direction and follow through on instructions
- Committed dedication to safety; reflected in practice and experience
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Superior focus on customer satisfaction
- Valid driver’s license
- Pre-site Drug and Alcohol testing
- Mask-fit testing may be required
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lbs.; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50lbs. with assistance
- Stand or walk for long periods of time
- Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects
- Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other objects
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation is roughly in line with the level of experience, skill, and quality. It is above market.
Safety, sustainability, collaboration, and integrity are core values inspiring our groundbreaking innovations and contributing to overall corporate stability and improving communities. We invite our workers to get involved and participate in the community in which they are located. We trust that our employees will enjoy their jobs and contribute their best while at work every day.
Who We Are?
We have proudly served the Canadian construction industry for over 100 years. Our rich history demonstrates our reach and diversity as an integrated, full-service organization serving the commercial and industrial markets. We deliver confidence through a client-centered approach that ensures the highest quality of service, reduces risk, and delivers results.